HEBDEN BRIDGE WALKERS ACTION
We have been given details of the following walking groups in our area (this information may be out of date, check first before you set off).
1. Upper Calder Valley Walking Group: Fortnightly walks on Wednesdays. 8 to 10 miles, often with a shorter alternative. contact 01422 884748 or email to rawsons@ btinternet.com (remove space before @)
2. Hebden Bridge Trades Club Walking Group. Walks lasting 6 to 8 hours every Sunday, meeting at the Club in Holme Street, Hebden Bridge. Trades Club members only. 01422 842062
3. Calderdale Ramblers' Association. Walks in Calderdale on Saturdays and Sundays and some weekdays. RA members but non-members welcome on 'tasters'. 01422 823440
4. West Riding Ramblers' Association. Frequent walks in Calderdale, mainly on Sundays. RA members but non-members welcome on 'tasters'. 01132 957840.
5. Calderdale Countryside & Forestry Unit. Occasional walks led by Countryside Rangers. 01422 393273
6. Halifax Rambling & Social Club. Walks in Calderdale on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. 01422 362161
7. Todmorden Walkabout Group. Organise fortnightly free, short, led walks to explore Todmorden, meet new people, and get fitter. Monday walks start from the Acorn Centre, Burnley Road . They are on level paths or pavements, ideal for getting started! Walks start at 11:00 am and last around one hour, meet walk leaders. Sunday walks start at Morrison's. They explore local towpaths and lower hills. Walks start at 11:15 am and last around two hours. For more information contact: Karen Andrews, walk leader: 01706 819118 or Louise Castro, Todmorden Together: 01706 819617.
8. Bradford CHA Rambling & Social Club. All walks are by public transport or a regular Sunday hired coach. We are accessible and environmentally friendly. Many of their walks are in Calderdale