HEBDEN BRIDGE WALKERS ACTION
Ideas for where to walk
We have thousands of footpaths and bridleways in the area. If you are visiting and want to plan your own walk, you will need the OS map of the South Pennine OL21. You can also see the footpath network on screen from Calderdale Council's website.
Some people's favourites:
- Up towards Stoodley Pike - Gwen Goddard
- Hebble Hole - Andrew Bibby
- Charlestown History walk - Richard Peters
- Gibson Mill, an alternative route - Chris Ratcliffe
- Nature ramble to Mytholmroyd and Brearley - Mo
- Colden Clough to Jack's Bridge - Tamsin Carr
Quick plugs for two walking guides, written by members of Hebden Bridge Walkers' Action.
South Pennines and the Bronte Moors, by Andrew Bibby, published by Frances Lincoln
Gone Walkabout: 24 walks in the upper Calder Valley, by Anna Carlisle, published by Pennine Pens