HEBDEN BRIDGE WALKERS ACTION
Current initiatives and campaigns
At the moment, much of our time is being spent on producing self guided walks, so there are no live campaigns at present.
Calderdale Countryside Service and Rights of Way section.
Both these departments are continually under review as part of the Council's cut backs. There may well be a need to respond to any major cutbacks.
Further ideas for the future identified at our Sept AGM
- Liaise with Pennine walking Festival next year
- Get in contact with other walking groups (research needed here)
- Revisit idea of leading walks
- Have places to stay on website – revisit this
- Review website, ask for feedback, get students to critique current site design and content, put on a counter
- Consider twitter, blog and Facebook – put on agenda for next meeting
- Make sure that walk books of the area are on the website
- Resurrect cycling waymark project
- Get 6 inch map of area produced